Responsibilities include transcribing the audio from recordings of web events.
All transcribers must have proven skills in English usage, grammar and preferred typing speed of 50-60 wpm. Additional required skills include attention to detail.
As we expect these individuals to work from home, we expect that they will have the following home office set-up:-
* PC, preferably with a second monitor, but that is his/her decision
* Internet connection – will require email communication, along with the upload of documents and download of recording files, which may be large
* A legal copy of Microsoft Word or some other word processing tool whose files can be opened in Word
* A legal copy of a program that will run WMV file
* Proven skills in English usage, grammar, punctuation, style, and editing.
* Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
* Ability to concentrate.
* Excellent listening skills.
* Excellent eye, hand, and auditory coordination.
* Ability to work independently with minimal / no supervision.
* Ability to proofread documents and identify errors
* Preferred Typing speed of 50 to 60 wpm