SCOPE OF SERVICES:
* Install, configure, customize, create and implement the Oracle databases, software and related tools/products for database systems.
* Setup/administer the Oracle database security environment.
* Troubleshoot DB problems.
* Work with ORACLE Corp. on problems and questions.
* Schedule RMAN backups and perform recoveries as needed.
* Configure Active Dataguard and possibly Golden Gate for Oracle Replication. Install and configure, customize ORACLE server and clients. * Schedule, install and configure ORACLE upgrades.
* Install, configure, and customize ORACLE related system level software.
* Design, development, and create all database file systems layouts and Oracle databases.
* Monitor software notifications and updates.
* Manage distributed databases and configuring client/server and Web-based environments.
* Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting support to developers.
* Review database design specifications and application coding routines to ensure adherence to best practice methods for database usage.
* Create referential integrity relationships/constraints.
* Work with Operational team in supporting Veritas (VCS) Active/Passive Oracle database environments.
* Perform problem diagnosis and resolution.
* Do Database performance analysis and performance tuning.
* Utilize Solaris Administration skills.
* Develop UNIX shell scripts.
* Work with the Database team and teams of SUN engineers and administrators to design, build and upgrade the necessary Oracle infrastructure to meet the needs of DoITT and supported agencies.
MANDATORY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE Note:
Candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered
* At least 6+ years of full-time experience as an Oracle DBA.
* Experience supporting a high-availability production database.
* Experience in configuring/supporting Oracle Active Data Guard required.
* Experience in database architecture and design.
* Experience with Oracle Advanced Security Option.
* Outstanding collaboration and team building skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent analytic, organization, presentation and facilitation skills
* Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
* A Bachelor’s degree in a related IT field
* Familiar with Oracle database resource manager.
* Familiar with HugePages on Linux. * Experience in a Solaris environment.
* Experience in VERITAS Cluster Server for Oracle.
* Hands on experience implementing/managing Oracle Databases in a RAC environment.
* Experience Implementing Grid Infrastructure release 11.2 on a Unix/Linux environment.
* Experience implementing ASM cluster Filesystem with knowledge of how to maintain it.
* Knowledge of Best Practices for adding a new disk to an ASM disk group.
* Experience Patching grid infrastructure software. Implement instance caging.
* Experience with Golden Gate for Oracle Replication.
*Candidates must have a Passport with validity of more than one year
* Candidates will have to pay refundable Visa processing fees
* Candidates will have to pay Non-refundable Attorney fees
* Candidates must get their Non-US degrees, transcripts, diplomas evaluated by World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE)