The BERGER name has been associated with paint manufacturing for almost two centuries. The BERGER group has worldwide affiliations, with companies operating in 46 counties. In Pakistan, the history of BERGER is as old as the history of organized paint manufacturing. The first company to introduce premium quality paints in the country. The BERGER started its operations in 1950. Initially the paints were imported from the United Kingdom. It was in 1955 that a local manufacturing facility was established at Karachi. Ever since, the Company has met the growing demand through regular extensions in its products range, which has continued to attract a healthy market share and has maintained a high reputation for consistent quality.
BERGER PAINTS PAKISTAN became a public limited company in 1974, when 49.38% of the shares were acquired by Pakistani investors with the remaining 50.2% being held by the U.K. parent company, Jenson & Nicholson Limited. Soon afterwards, Jenson & Nicholson Limited was taken over by Hoechst, one of the world's major manufacturers of chemicals and allied products.